Please Share

Search This Blog

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Mayorga mocks 'half gay' Cotto at weigh in

Miguel Cotto's trainer Manny Steward has lifted the lid on their approach to tonight's opponent Ricardo Mayorga.

Steward believes that the 37-year old Nicaraguan throws wild, looping punches that Cotto can exploit with faster, shorter punches.

But underlined that his charge must not be intimidated by the bully-style that the 29-7 orthodox danger man brings.

"I do not want to see Mayorga make Miguel run, like he does with his bully type style and so its very important that to let him him force you to run. Cotto does not fight so good of the ropes, so it's important he takes the centre of the ring." said Steward.

During their weigh in yesterday, many felt Mayorga was in the best shape of his career to date. Both he and Cotto came bang on the 154lb weight limit - but as usual Mayorga was up to his old tricks, by handing Cotto a red rose as he stood on the scales.

Earlier this week Mayorga claimed Cotto was half-gay and the people of Puerto Rico should get behind him.

"I don't care what he (Mayorga) is saying about me," said Cotto (35-2, 28ko)

"He's always going to be talking, but as everyone knows, the fight starts when you enter the ring and that's where I'm going to win the fight, in the ring."

"I'm going everywhere," he said. "I'm going to the body, I'm going upstairs. I just want to give the fans the best fight possible."

Source: livefight.com

No comments:

Post a Comment